Sunday, June 29, 2008

Farm-Fresh Goodness

We've been craving some sweet corn and other fresh summertime fare, but the grocery store just hasn't delivered. Nary an ear of corn can be found at my local Kroger. So, on Saturday we decided to do something we SHOULD have been doing all summer - head to the Nashville Farmer's Market to get some fresh eats.

If the scent of warm peaches and freshly baked pies weren't enough, the vibrant rainbow of produce was certainly a feast for the eyes. We went there to actually buy some things, but I couldn't help but take a few pictures. (I could have spent hours snapping away!) I loved how the items were stacked so neatly in their baskets. I wanted one of everything! It made me think of all of the things we could make. But, my refrigerator would only hold so much.

The place reminded me of home and how lucky I was to have all those fresh fruits and veggies right outside my door growing up. It almost makes me want to plant a garden...but not THAT much. I have a brown thumb and no backyard. So, for now, I'll go to the Farmer's Market and take advantage of all it has to offer.



1 comment:

Christen said...

Those are some great shots!