Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wedding Season - Part 1

Ah, weddings. Even after being married for nearly three years, I still enjoy them. One would think after going through all of the prepartions for my own wedding, that I would be "over" it by now. But, I guess it's the creative person/event planner in me that enjoys seeing how people express their own individual style. And, needless to say, it's even better to see people express their love and commitment to each other.

Now that spring is in the air (sort of anyway - it was only 40 degrees yesterday) it's fitting that Saturday marked the official start of our 2008 wedding season. We have at least four weddings marked on the calendar so far. This rivals 2004 - the year of the wedding. That year, I think we were in three weddings and attended two or three more, making for a grand total of at least FIVE weddings. I guess now we're experiencing the second wave of friends and family getting married. At least this time around, we get to be attendees, which means we get to kick back and enjoy the fun!

All that being said, here is a look at our first wedding of 2008 - Tim and Laura Engles! Tim (or "Timmy" as we call him) is a fraternity brother of Garth's. It was a fun wedding because a lot of our friends were there.
Here comes the bride....and groom!

Timmy and Laura enter the reception to a big round of applause.

The "brothers" pose for a pic - Blair, Garth, Timmy and Petro

It's a Phi Delta Theta tradition to serenade the bride of their fraternity brother. Surprisingly, these guys are quite good!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't take at least SOME pictures of the decor. The colors were chocolate brown and turqoise. The tables had white tulips and turquoise runners. Isn't the cake pretty?

And, of course, here's Garth and I. I never pass up the chance to get a picture of us dressed up. :)

No comments: