Thursday, May 29, 2008

Star Sighting

Since we live in Nashville, we often get asked if we ever see country music stars or celebrities. For me, the answer is always no. However, Garth has had numerous celeb sightings. I don't know if it's because he's lived here longer or if he's just lucky that way. It probably doesn't hurt that he went to the same college as many celebrity's kids. But, that has nothing to do with the fact that he Jessica Simpson at the TigerMart by our house several months ago.

Anyway, I digress. Last Friday, we went to to the Green Hills Regal Cinema to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (which was very good I might add). So, who did we see sitting a mere four rows in front of us at the theater? None other than Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban! I didn't see them at first, but Garth noticed them when coming back from the bathroom right before the movie started. It wasn't long before nearly everyone in the very full theater was looking their direction. It's one thing to see a celebrity, but completely another to have one (or two!) just hanging out at your movie theater!

After the movie was over, we get to the parking garage and see them right in front of us. It turned out they were parked two cars away from us! We tried to play it cool, but we couldn't help but gauk at their very big, black Rolls Royce.

No, we didn't talk to them. Everyone has asked us that. In Nashville, it's almost a faux pas to do so. I think that's why so many stars have houses here. It's likely one of the few places where they get left alone. I did take note of how tall Nicole is (she's taller than Keith) and VERY thin. I think she's a few months pregnant, but you certainly couldn't tell (at least from the back). It makes me wonder just how much thinner she would be without a baby on the way. YIKES!

Admittedly, I was intrigued by the whole thing. I'm not a person who obsesses over celebrities, but it was certainly exciting to share a movie theater with a couple celebs for one night. :)

No comments: