When my family arrived, they showed up with a huge bucket of flowers from my Mom and two grandmothers! I was thrilled! I quickly whipped out all of my vases (that never get used, ahem, Garth!) so we could arrange them and place throughout the house. Since I couldn't keep them forever, I took pictures so I could always remember how great they looked.
I was especially excited to get these gorgeous, fragrant peonies. Garth and I got married four years ago during Memorial Day weekend and we had peonies at our wedding. I love them! They are beautiful and smell fantastic. It was such a treat to have some fresh blooms in our house for a few days.Petit roses from Grandma Kiehl in a charming vase from Garth's mom, Linda. It was darling on our kitchen window sill.
The irises came from my Mom and both Grandmothers. They looked lovely on top of my piano!

I didn't get many pictures of the family, but here's one of my Grandma Kiehl, Mom, Jenna and me. On that Saturday, we had a great trip to the farmer's market. Since my Grandma has such a green thumb, she loved inspecting the fruits and veggies and talking to all the vendors. After that, we headed to Zackie's Hot Dogs in Germantown for lunch. This is us sitting outside of the restaurant. After lunch, we hit the flea market that was in town. Busy day!

No comments:
Post a Comment